Tuesday, December 21, 2004

21/12/04

Exciting day! I prepared myself for the battle that was held at 1000 hrs, online. Its the registration for my next semester modules. I sat infront of the comp at 0930 hrs, bracing myself for impact. The clock went tick, tick, tick. My heart went thump, thump, thump. I met some of my comrades online, checking the situation over my side.

0959, total silence over the network. I log into the server for registration, and got in in sonic speed. I reached the page where I need to enter my subject code, and clicked "confirm". I switch over to my chatting window and send a note over to my friend," commence battle". I switched back to my registration window and saw..... a white page. Oh my god, please don't hang on me at this time. My other windows didn't have any problem. I believe the network was flooded with all the clickings and swearing. Thousands of people were trying to get into the network at the same time.

I panicked. I logged out the ntu network, and tried to log in using the singtel network, but to no avail. Minute by minute passed, sweat began to trickle down my forehead. What a tough moment. Suddenly, I received telecommunication over my handphone. A comrade called. It was A. "How's the situation at your side? Situation is bad here". I replied with some signs of worries.

1030, half an hour has passed and the screen was still white. What the hell. But I managed to settle down and smile. I reached the type of calmness that exist as though nothing has happened. I don't know how I could reach that state of mind. It wasn't like me at all. I was glad that I calmed down. The screen changed. It started to move. I acted fast and typed all coordinates necessary for registration. Lagginess and errors popped out once in a while, but those didn't stop my perserverance. I dashed through all odds and managed to register all that I need. A sign of relieve. I got all I wanted except.... My damn minor modules. I emailed the coordinator and presented the problem. Meanwhile, I registered for another General Elective. Sigh.

After all those exciting moments, I prepared myself for some photographing training provided by canon hee. I learnt the basics of taking nice pictures. I guess thats enough for basic users like me. It was a powerpoint presentation. The presenter was quite a nice guy. I learnt quite alot of things. Hee.

Then I went back and played Metal Gear Solid 3. I started it and hope to complete it before school reopens. I guess this will be the last game. I can't play others I guess.

Alright thats all the highlights for today. No slice of life again sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home