Friday, February 25, 2005

25/02/05

Hmm yet another school day even though my minor module was over. Its a meeting. Although I dreaded the meeting, i quickly found that it was a fun and interesting meeting. I didn't prepare for it the night before but I was able to contribute to the contents. We had completed bulk of the project and now awaiting for the final "ok" sign before everything is typed out.

These few days i've been talking about that movie right? OMg, I thought i was able to watch it today, but halfway through the journey to orchard, I find that I will confirm be late for that movie, so i went back home instead. Argh..... tomorrow!! I swear! I will watch it. Even if it means to rain in solitude. hahaa.

So what did I do instead? I went for a jog again hee. Need to get those spare tires gone from my tummy. Feels good. Its always the fun part when you reach the terminal status where you would feel that you could run forever. The sun is so burning today, and i could feel the heat coming from the ground.

Tomorrow, cut hair, play games, watch movie, drink, and listen to music there. No work!! I don't care. Nothing is going to stop me.!

I wonder how I could add music into my blog so that when people visit my blog, they can read with some music. Anyone knows?

Slice of life

Don't Take It Personally

Do you often get upset because someone said something unkind to you or rejected you? Do you think that it's because there's something wrong with you? That you are deficient in some way?

Well, very often we rattle our peace of mind by taking things personally. We think that somehow someone is out to get us, or that we are not good enough.

Even if someone deliberately attacks you, the issue may not be about you. The problem is the attacker's own insecurities erupting, seeking to destroy whatever good they see. It's unfortunate, but misery loves company. If someone in pain sees another person with a better life, they'll try to tear that person down. People who are unhappy want everyone around them to feel as bad, or worse.

It's not that they're evil or perverse. They feel that it's the only way they can have a little respite from their own pain. Everyone is just trying to make themselves feel better, but we go about it differently. One person with a lot of anger, sadness and pain may try to spread it around so that others feel that way, too. While another person with sadness and pain will try to make others feel better because they don't want anyone to hurt as they do.

Sometimes, people can get very personal in their attempts to make themselves feel better. They may insinuate that you don't deserve what you have. They may say things that make you feel inadequate, incompetent or foolish.

When this happens, it's important that you stand up for yourself. Because if you don't, it's unlikely anyone else will either. You'll then be perpetuating the lie. That doesn't mean to counter-attack. If you know that what they're asserting is false, say so, and walk away. It's likely they'll want to keep trying to get you to accept their belief, and won't give up. Just know that it's not true, and take back your power in this situation. Realize that it's not about you or what you've done or haven't done. It's all about them and their pain. Or simply their arrogance or ignorance. On the other hand, you don't have to accept their degrading treatment of you simply because they're hurting. Just address the situation with integrity and in the best way you can to support yourself. Remember that it's not personal.
?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home