Tuesday, March 01, 2005

1/03/05

Tax quiz... Even though I don't know quite a number of answers, I've got no energy to fret about my incapabilities. My mind was," finally its over". Not the usual me. Usually I'll go," argh don't know how to do this or that", and complain to my friends about it.

1 hour of lesson and i went straight home today. Theres no Band for me to teach because they were having exams. Took a bus, and I overslept, all the way back to the bus interchange. Lazy me.

I tried to vision where would I be in 10 years time. My mind started to wonder to SAF band. Somehow, I'm thinking that I might not be able to survive the business world. I couldn't be like the normal business people (backstabbing), and I might just be stabbed so many times. My parents already knew that, and they are worried actually. I wanted to tell myself that I can try and protect myself out there, but I really don't know. I'm not saying that there won't be backstabbing besides playing music in SAF band, but at least they know me already. I'm just wondering whats the maximum age to sign on as musician. haha Think too much. Whatever the case, I will complete my degree first.

I did much work in the afternoon, and is now rewarding myself by not doing any work at night. I'm worried for my school work actually. All my friends would know that I'm those kind who work and work and work like crazy, so if I don't get the returns that I deserve, then I am really a big failure. Omg, so many things to worry about? Ya and I worry about that Lousy tutor as well.

Haha too much andrenaline. I even told my mum to install a sandbag in my room haha. That would work my energy away. I find myself equipped with red eyes almost perpetually. Must be the energy thats burning inside. Anyway, my room is too small for a sandbag.

I went jogging to get rid of my weight. The sun was soooo big as though its gonna burn me down. My mind today wasn't that suitable for jogging, so I didn't put in my best effort to run. However, I'm fast hee. I did a set of push ups at home. I could now reach 40 at one go, but struggled between 30-40. Guess what i was thinking when I'm doing those push ups. Its the anime character, Lee from Naruto. Even though he only had 1 arm and 1 leg left, he never stop training, doing one arm push ups.

When I was cooling down at the corridor, I looked far away, and sang something. I tried to extend the song that I've place in this blog. It was a perfect build up using strings and other instruments. But when I tried to recall it again, nothing comes. I guess its always during a moment where things appear in the mind.

I have another quiz on friday, hopefully I could bring myself to read all the required materials for that during my bus journey.

Naruto gives me inspiration, jogging gives me perspiration, singing gives me imagination. Well, studying gives me depression, sometimes.

When would the day rain for me again?


Slice of life

Laugh! (and Learn)

Norman Cousins is often described as the man who laughed his way to health. Here's how he got this reputation.

Cousins was diagnosed in the mid-1960's as having ankylosing spondylitis. The degenerative disease causes the breakdown of collagen, the fibrous tissue that binds together the body's cells. Cousins was almost completely paralysed and doctors estimated he had only a few months to live. He could see the worry, depression and anger in his life contributed to, and perhaps helped cause, his disease. He wondered, "If illness can be caused by negativity, can wellness be created by positivity?"

He decided to make an experiment of himself. He checked out of the hospital, moved into a hotel room, began taking extremely high doses of Vitamin C and exposed himself to equally high doses of humour. He rented all the funny movies he could find (this was before VCRs, so he had to rent the actual films). He read funny stories. He asked his friends to call him whenever they said, heard or did something funny. His pain was so great he could not sleep. Laughing for 10 solid minutes, he found, relieved the pain for several hours so he could sleep.

He fully recovered from his illness and lived another 20 happy, healthy and productive years. His journey is detailed in his book "Anatomy of an Illness". He credits visualisation, the love of his family and friends, and laughter for his recovery.

Some people think laughter is a waste of time. It is a frivolity, they say. Well, nothing could be further from the truth. Laughter essential to our equilibrium, to our well-being, to our "aliveness". If we're not well, laughter helps us get well. If we are well, laughter helps us stay that way.

Since Cousins' ground-breaking subjective work, scientific studies have shown that laughter has a curative effect on the body, the mind and the emotions.

So, if you like laughter (and who doesn't?), consider it sound medical advice to indulge in it as often as you can. Use whatever makes you laugh or puts you in a cheerful mood - movies, sitcoms, music, books, cartoons, jokes, friends. Give yourself permission to laugh - long and loud and out loud - whenever anything strikes you as funny. The people around you may think you're strange; some might even say you're being facetious, but sooner or later they'll join in even if they don't know what you're aughing about.

Some diseases may be contagious, but none is as contagious as the cure - laughter. And laugh along with us at our annual mirthfest "Laugh & Learn" on the 29th of March. We've lined up charismatic and witty speakers who will show you how to laugh your way to a better, healthier life. For more information, click here.
?

Yeah laughing is what i need, and I laugh really loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home