Tuesday, March 08, 2005

8/03/05

Chapter 2

4 years ago, I came to the town of Neryajecle. It was a vibrant town, with farmers and gardeners, busying with their work. Children's laughter could be heard everywhere. As I walked towards the town center, the surrounding greenery made me felt like I was walking in paradise. Eye contacts were made frequently with the people there. Smiles were exchanged. "God damn, who knows where the town center was. This town is even bigger than I thought", I muttered.

I am Luthien, a knight of the kingdom of Lodienga. The army was seperated into different factions, namely Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Theta, and Omega. Different factions were given different tasks every month. This time, Alpha was given the task to look after the towns that were under the control of the kingdom. Neryajecle, being one of the most peaceful, needed little forces to protect it. Or should I say, near to none was needed. I was lucky to be the only soldier posted to the town. Main duties were to make sure they pay their taxes. Damn, what has that got to do with what i've trained to do?

The sun was almost setting and I still haven't find the house of the town chief. I came to a small hut, fenced with some termite infested wooden blocks. There were no other huts near this one. I wondered if I have got lost. (Where was my navigation skills?) I just had to ask. Argh, I hate asking people. "Hey anybody there?"

The door creaked opened. A strong gust of wind came and that brought me one step back.

"Yes, can I help you?" a voice said. The voice was slow and creepy. The high pitch sound resembles the creaking of that door. An old lady, dressed in a black dirty dress, came. Not only the voice gave me a creep. She gave me a creep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home