Wednesday, March 02, 2005

2/03/05

yeah naruto anime and naruto game! I couldn't bring myself out of that demand for leisure. I've played that naruto game for a few hrs before i go to school. I haven't study much for my financial statement analysis module! I could sense my what-the-hell attitude coming out, strong and determined.

I've been thinking about what i want to do in the future. Its between rich+busy+no life vs no that rich+not that busy+ enjoy what you are doing+ have time for life. Those people who does well in the university would be faced with numerous opportunities to work in big companies and earn huge money. But, where is the life in concern? Will I be happy staying in the world, full of computers, numbers, papers, bosses? Performing better= greater responsibility= more pressure, though the good part is the remuneration. Whatever the case is, i'll still be completing my degree for now, and perhaps not putting that much stress as before. I believe my abilities aren't measured by just one paper. You can't measure attitudes.

I jogged again. And you won't believe it, I ran faster than yesterday and i felt better. I feel that i could run another round haha but i don't want to, cuz i don't want to become a bamboo stick. Mind you, one round = about 1.6km. I usually run 2 rounds. I guess the weather was good.

Talking about the weather, it rain. I could feel the weather too hhaa. I'm getting a bit psycho haha. Crazy guy here. Beware.

Slice of Life

Thoughts, Actions, Behaviour, Life

Someone once said that "your thoughts become your actions, your actions become your behaviour, and your behaviour determines what kind of life you will have". If we follow this line of reasoning, this means that you CAN lead the life you want to lead, if only you can imagine it, and think of ways of achieving your goals.

It also means that if you constantly harbour dark and gloomy thoughts, the road ahead of you can't be very much brighter.

Take for instance, if you wake up in the morning and think "Oh...another tiring, boring, and stressful day in the office!", your body becomes limp and lethargic, the breakfast tastes bad because all you can focus on is the dread of another workday. You can't bring yourself to smile, and because other people can sense your negative energies, they start to avoid you.

Then you start thinking that all your colleagues dislike you. You can't concentrate on your work, it suffers, so does your career, and so on. If your worklife is unfulfilling, chances are that you will bring a lot of the unhappiness into your personal life as well.

And all because you chose to entertain negative thoughts and emotions at the start of the day.

Max Stein is an inspirational writer, and he says:

Your thoughts can cause you to be rich or poor, loved or unloved,
happy or unhappy, attractive or unattractive, powerful or weak.
It is a psychological law that whenever you desire to accomplish
you must first impress upon your subconscious mind.
Relentless, repetitive self talk is what changes your self image.
You can affect your subconscious mind with verbal repetition.
You'll find this constant repetition carries conviction.
Anything that changes your values changes your behaviour.
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
Self-suggestion makes you master of yourself.
What you conceive yourself to be, you become.

Our mind is a very powerful tool, and although it's something that we use almost constantly in our lives, we tend to forget about it, and take it for granted. We know it's there...but we seldom try to harness its capabilities. Worse, we often impoverish it by thinking of negative things.

So remember, even more relevant than the saying "you are what you eat" is "you are what you think".?

Wow, this slice of life can read my mind. hmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home