Sunday, September 25, 2005

25/9/05

Too many happenings today. Lets start with happy things. Westwinds is going to have a children day public performance in the Bukit Batok CC itself. The songs we are are so cute that we cannot prevent ourselves from laughing. The worst thing is that. I was wearing orange, my partner was wearing yellow, the tuba player beside her was wearing green. What does this look like? Traffic light!. The whole band heard this comment, blurt out by one of our favourite trumpeter. Non stop laughter.

Today's rehearsal was super. My sound has developed into a round shape, even rounder than previous. I guess its the training I had from playing a Miraphone Eupho. Besson Eupho is still my favourite. My great wife. I still remembered that I played quite a long solo for Edlewise (don't know how to spell). Super expressive haha. I guess i developed my air control through singing. Who says singing doesn't help playing music?

I remember the time where I wanted to quit Westwinds because I don't like how they play the music. I am really glad that I didn't do that. Westwinds seemed to have grown in terms of sound. No more the loud and rubbish playing. Now, a more expressive playing. Great!! Best of all, Westwinds has the ability to perform in public after just 1 rehearsal. Its a great band for more performance exposure.

Well, next week is crazy now. Cuz Sat, Westwinds performance, Sun, NUS band concert!. My lips going to droop now haha. I'll bring my Darling Eupho for performance on sun. Not going to use the rubbish Miraphone haha.

Now for the scary thing. Just after band prac ended and was about to go home, some of my bandmates heard a loud Thump. After looking for where the sound came from, we saw....... someone lying on the grass patch just outside Bukit Batok CC. The grass patch seemed to have sunk in at the place where the person was lying..... no movement.......... We called the police. Apparently, someone jumped. Scary..... Why would someone end their life that way. Its just too painful.

To all my friends out there, no matter how hard life is, it is a test for us all. No matter how hard it is for us to walk, treat it as a challenge for us. Ending your own life is just too wasteful. So many people would be sad for you. Think twice. There is always a way out.

I wanna pen down my dream. I dreamt that I was in this concert where many great singers were together with me, singing a song that I composed. There was Wang Li Hong, Jay Chou, David Tao, and many others. Wang Li Hong's harmony skills was superb!!. It seems like I could hear the melody in my dream. The song started with a soloem opening and then transit into a melody of hope and strength. The ending was dramatic. Too bad!! I cannot remember the melody after I woke up. But the title of the song was..... Everyone dou1 xu1 yao4 yi2 ge4 peng2 you3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home