Saturday, January 14, 2006

13/01/06

The feeling of leaving a place, is really something unexplainable. Experiences, even so hateful, even so wonderful, all disappears on the last day. I thought i was quite nasty during the feedback meeting with the HR department. I made it seems like I hated my stay in the firm. The HR people had to come and talk to me personally for the actual incident that happened. Am I such a trouble maker?

Everyone was so neutral-to-good during that meeting, and I don't like to praise alot. If I ever praise someone or something, that means its really good. Since everyone praised the firm so much, I didn't need to hide my anger that was inside me. The anger was actually so well controlled that it actually nearly disappeared. I unleashed it today, in a professional manner, to bring up to those people about that thing. Expectation vs Performance. We are trainees, remember?

That job was the one that I put in extreme effort. That job was the only job I stayed so late and did not ask them for any OT claims. That job was the only job that I stared at the documents knowing barely anything what I need to do with them. I have told them I didn't do any inter co accounts before and I don't recognise the document that she ask me to look at, and worst still, the words are so light that I could barely make up what was written on it. "Tie the figures" was the request. My mind.... "where, what?"

At the end of the day, I did receive such a bad evaluation...... with some below expectation remarks. Steady.

However, I think I still made a big HuHa at the meeting. I might have caused the school's image to drop in the firm's eyes. I might have made all the interns looked bad. I might cause the firm to look into the matter and find out who that IC was and then a chain reaction will occur.

HR find IC, IC fedup, I go back work, IC book me, Freak me up during the job, give me bad evaluations again, lose my yr end bonus, lose my job.

If I have kept quiet, then everything would be fine right? What a confusing thing.

Well, so much for those work related stuffs. Tonight spent so much during the gathering I can't believe it. I thought I spent my whole PwC allowance on today's activities. But haaa I think I left some for savings. Ktv was fun. We got the lady-killer, the JJ expert, the David tao expert, the teacher (ME!), the AhGoGo lady, the ultimate drinker, and perhaps the oldies expert.

Well, my friends are super singers. Got feeling woh. I think I still sound better on my Eupho (not a flute!).

Eiyo, I never know someone could sing Wu Ding that steadily. I messed that up. Kudos.... AhGoGo lady.

How abt Shan Hu Hai? My ktv Kaki is most compatible as yet hee. But the middle section is really hard. Well, donno.

*Somethings are damn wierd, somethings are damn confusing. Whats what? Who then? I'm confused.

Slice of Life

Self-Limiting Beliefs

Self-limiting beliefs are those things you believe about yourself that place limitations on your abilities. They may be conscious or unconscious. They may be founded or unfounded. For example?

"I am fat, so no one will marry me."

"I am not lucky; I won't get the job."

Now it may well be a fact that you are fat. That no one will marry you as a result definitely isn't. And luck isn't the criterion for getting a job. You get jobs based on merit.

Many limitations exist only in your mind. You can do anything if you make up your mind to do it. Determination always finds a way around obstacles.

Our thoughts and beliefs colour our vision and perception of the world. They determine our actions or inactions. Thoughts affect feelings. Feelings affect behaviour. Behaviour produces results (or the lack of them). It all begins with our thoughts, since we have to accept a thought for it to become a belief.

It's been said that whatever you believe becomes your reality. You do not believe what you see; rather you see what you already believe. For this reason, two people facing the same situation may interpret it differently, act according to their different beliefs and experience different outcomes.

Fortunately, you can get rid of self-limiting beliefs. But first you have to identify them. They could be lurking in the recesses of our minds without our awareness. Talking with a friend or consulting with a coach could give you more objective feedback as to their existence.

Once you have identified them, these limiting beliefs must be challenged every time they rear their heads. You must consciously reject any thought or suggestion that you are limited in any way. When self-limiting thoughts are starved of attention, they wither and die. What are some self-limiting beliefs you can reject today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home