Tuesday, November 23, 2004

23/11/04

Today, I finished the last 4 discs of Winter Sonata. I don't know what to say. I am dried inside, now. The weather was with me today. It rain.

After completing a song last week, I have started on a new song. Felt so much inside, so I just wanna do something. The new piece started out with a forceful tempo and gradually turned into an eerie piano and bass guitar counter movement for 2 bars. Then....... I started to compose a joke.... faint. I didn't I could come out with that. What a comic. Perhaps after I finish that piece, I'll send to my friends and see what they say. Laugh? haha perhaps. I am going to call my piece," Tempo di valse... animato? for accordian and panflute."

Oh whats the difference between a piece and a song? My friend once corrected me on that, so I wanna tell you all. A song contains lyrics, a piece doesn't hee. He is very particular, so i must becareful with those terms as well.

I lost of energy to type more things because all have been drained out by Winter Sonata. So my next one is to catch Summer Scent every sat, at 11pm. The rest of the time, i'll try to pick up songs of Winter Sonata on piano hee. Dreamy.

Slice of Life

"A Reflective Life (Part 1)

In such a fast-paced, over-stimulated society, it's very easy to get swept away by the hurricane of media messages, corporate targets, financial goals, or popular notions of how we should be living our lives. When was the last time you allowed yourself the luxury of simply "being", without expectation of goal or result? When was the last time you shut out the discordant voices of this world, and truly listened to your own heart?

Too many people have lost the ability to reflect - to search inwards for answers. They look to other people and outside influences as if this imperfect world had the ability to miraculously improve their lives. Buy this moisturiser and you'll have a better shot at getting hitched. Climb to the top of the corporate ladder and you'll be happy. Buy flowers for your partner on Valentine's Day and your relationship will be great. Overtake that car and you're a winner.

Well, most moisturisers only work on a superficial level. You may reach the top of the corporate ladder only to find that it's leaning against the wrong wall. If you show your love for your partner only on certain days, then your relationship is flawed anyway. If overtaking another driver makes you feel like a winner, you should seriously evaluate what you're losing out on in this meaningless race.

When we're too focussed on the external, we may lose sight of the game plan. What are we doing this for? What do we truly want out of life? Do we have to achieve every objective? Do we have to impress everyone? Do we have to win every argument? Do we have to know everything? The person who judges himself or herself and others based on such specific criteria is quite unable to see beyond the surface. Knowledge should broaden our minds, not narrow them. Life is not a multiple-choice exam.

Having goals is no doubt important, but if we're too transfixed on the destination, the journey can be a misery. Goals should motivate us, but they should not teach us that happiness is impossible until we achieve them.
In the next edition of A Slice of Life, we'll explore how we can live a more reflective life in the midst of noise and turbulence."

Thats all from me today. "In search of a true self"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home