Monday, June 13, 2005

13/6/05

Monday, started with work again. THen games!!! I rushed my grandia extreme and completed it at about 4 plus. THe last boss was just a crappy guy. No challenge at all haha. Perhaps my level was too high. There, I can start another game tomorrow.

After the game, I went to walk at compass point. The 159 bus ride is really really long haha. took about 45mins there. I made up my mind to go there because I've talked about it since my last holiday. If i don't go today, i don't know when i can go. Its my second time there.

When I went back, something just went into my mind again. The incident was like this. I took 159 and alighted halfway to change to another bus 73, thinking that I would reach home faster. But, it turn out that the time taken was bad because of the waiting time for 73. The waiting time was 15 mins. Wrong choice? SHould I have been more patient on 159?

Something to thinking about here is that, in life, there are many situations we face that need us to make decisions. Sometimes, when we thinking that abandoning this and adopting that would give a more desirable effect, it often gives a negative change. If I was more patient, I could have enjoyed 159's aircon and see more sceneries rather than waiting at a bus stop sweating. Have you guys face this kind of situations before? Thinking that a change would be a better but realised that not changing would be better.

Slice of Life

The Most Important Quality in a Life Partner

If I were to ask you "What's the most important quality that you seek in a life partner?", what would come to your mind?

If recent surveys are anything to go by, women generally value a sense of humour, a caring nature, and sensitivity to her feelings and needs. For men, what comes up tops usually is a gentle nature, good looks, and yes, a sense of humour. Studies have shown that for men though, they perceive "a sense of humour" not as having the ability to make them laugh, but being able to understand and be amused by their jokes. A fundamental difference in the sexes there? Perhaps, but that's a topic for another discussion.

So, back to the most important quality you seek in a life partner. What have you come up with? If you're like most of us, you would either think of a external quality like a smooth complexion or a personality trait, like kindness or being good with children.

But how about "happy and fulfilled with an exciting life"?

Looks will fade, and a person with a great sense of humour may not necessarily have the strength of character to endure life's challenges. So think about it - wouldn't you rather spend the rest of your life with someone who is independent, happy and with an outlook on life that is enriching, stimulating, and vibrant?

I don't know about you, but I know quite a number of people whom you would not give a second glance at on the street, but the moment they enter a room, they draw the attention of everyone with their lively stride, beaming faces and exuberant talk.

That's the most important quality I'd seek in a life partner. Someone who is full of life and energy, a shining beacon through life's dark moments, who can still make me laugh when the terrain gets bumpy. Someone who is enterprising, innovative and always surprising. Someone I can know and love for years and still fall for every day.

An aspect that we often overlook in our search for a mate is his or her attitude towards life. His or her values and convictions. Can they withstand the test of time? The trials of living together?

Is it time you re-examined your criteria for a life partner?

"Today's slice of life is just soooo right."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home